Be Refreshed and Renewed

Every summer my husband and I make it a point to get away for a vacation at the beach. We pack up my mother, our grown children, their spouses, and dogs and plant ourselves near the seashore for a week. It is a tradition I look forward to every July.

I love to spend most of the week sitting on the beach, reading, watching the seagulls swoop with the wind, listening to the soft roar of the ocean and take long walks in the shallow of the surf. It refreshes my soul. After a trip to the beach I am able to get back to daily routines and demands, relaxed and rejuvenated.

You see when I am standing on the shore of the beach, looking out to the vastness of the sea, I am most aware of God’s presence like nowhere else on earth. I am connected to God with thanksgiving. I am connected to those who are with me and so very grateful for the moments we share year after year. I am renewed as I relish God’s many blessings in my life. The vastness of the sea cannot contain His glory!

 Of course we do not have to pack up and go to the beach for a week to experience renewal and refreshment and the many blessings of God. We find re-creation by doing what we love.

Many exciting things are going on at Good Shepherd during the summer. Summer camps are in full swing; Creative Arts Camp, Augusta Junior Players Camp, Vacation Bible School, Camp Bob, and Augusta Mini Theatre, to name just a few.

It is a blessing to watch children and adults taking the time to do the things they love. While camps can be exhausting, campers and leaders always seem to develop a deep connection with one another and are refreshed from doing what they love.

Whether you love the beach, the mountains, the lake, weekly camps, or simply sitting outside in your own backyard to enjoy the sounds and sunsets of summer, I pray you will spend some time pondering the goodness of God.

Take time this summer to reconnect with what you truly love, remembering the good things in life, and giving God thanks for his continued blessings. Seek God’s presence in the warmth of his abiding love. Draw close to the one who longs to refresh and renew your soul.

With Summer Blessings,


Comments

Popular Posts